*ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED — please read the entries, heart your favorite, and the submissions will be sent to Lisi Harrison!*
The series is coming to an end, but now YOU can decide what happens next!
Imagine Claire, Massie, Dylan, Alicia, and Kristen 10 years from now. Where would they be? What would they be doing? Who would they know — and who would they have lost touch with?
In less than 1200 words, write a short story or scene from the point of view of Claire, Massie, Dylan, Alicia, or Kristen that takes place 10 years after the end of the series. Show us a snapshot of that girl’s life. You get to make up everything, so don’t forget the juicy details!
Lisi Harrison, the author of The Clique, will be judging the contest, and is giving away a signed copy of every book in The Clique series and a set of Kate Spade notebooks. The winner will appear on Figment and on Lisi Harrison’s blog. The deadline is Friday, February 25 at midnight EST, so get writing!
To enter The Clique Contest, please follow these instructions:
- Create an account on Figment
- Go to the My Writing page and create something new
- Write your entry
- Press “Publish Now”
- Go to the Details tab
- Type “clique” in the Tags box
- Press “Save”
- After a few hours, the entry should appear on the “Contest Entries” tab, here.
If you have any problems, feel free to email a moderator at email@example.com.
How is the winner determined? By you! Just go to “See entries” below, browse through other people’s entries, and heart your favorites. You can start reading and hearting now. The top hearted entries by Thursday, March 3 will be sent to Lisi Harrison.
Good luck, Pretties!
1. One entry per person, please.
2. The promotion of your contest entry is not allowed on Figment. This includes self-promotion and the promotion of other users’ contest entries in the Figment forums, the comments and reviews of stories, and the Figment Facebook page. Independent promotion on sites unrelated to Figment, like personal Facebook or Twitter accounts, is fine.
3. Works must be published between the announcement of the contest and the closure of the contest. Entries created before the start date or after the end date will not be included in the pages of contest entries and will be ineligible to win. This means a new story must be created for the contest; adapting an old story published before the start of the contest will make the entry ineligible to win.
4. The rules of the contest are both strict and open to interpretation by a moderator. Word limits will be enforced; works that exceed the maximum will not be accepted without the presence of extenuating circumstances, and at the moderator’s discretion. Should an entry not meet the contest requirements, it will be ineligible to win.
5. It is the user’s responsibility to properly tag the story so that the story appears within the contest submissions. Untagged or improperly tagged stories will not be shown with the submissions and will not be eligible to win.
6. The creation of multiple accounts to heart or otherwise vote for your contest entry on Figment is prohibited, and may result in the disqualification of that entry, the deletion of your Figment account, and/or the blocking of your IP address permanently from the site, at the moderator’s discretion.