Romance happens in unusual places. And it never happens in the way we expect.
This week, write a story or poem in fewer than 750 words (short and sweet!) about two people who meet in an unusual or downright bizarre location.
Alyson Noel, the #1 New York Times best selling, award-winning author of the Immortals series and Art Geeks and Prom Queens, has created this prompt and will be judging the contest! The winner will receive signed copies of her books, and will be entered to win a Kindle.
How to enter:
–Sign up for an account on Figment
-Go to “My Writing”
-Click “Create something new”
-Write your entry
-Press “Publish Now”
-On the Details page, put romancecontest in the Tags
-Wait the hour or so it sometimes takes for entries to show up BELOW.
The deadline is Sunday, April 17 at 9PM EST. Then YOU decide the finalists by voting on your favorite entries; you can vote until Friday, April 22th at 6pm EST. The top hearted entries will become finalists. Again, the winner will receive signed copies of Alyson Noel’s books, get highlighted on our blog and newsletter and AASL’s blog and newsletter, and be entered (along with the winners of all four AASL contests) to win a Kindle. Good luck, Figmenters!
1. One entry per person, please.
2. The promotion of your contest entry is not allowed on Figment. This includes self-promotion and the promotion of other users’ contest entries in the Figment forums, the comments and reviews of stories, and the Figment Facebook page. Independent promotion on sites unrelated to Figment, like personal Facebook or Twitter accounts, is fine.
3. Works must be published between the announcement of the contest and the closure of the contest. Entries created before the start date or after the end date will not be included in the pages of contest entries and will be ineligible to win. This means a new story must be created for the contest; adapting an old story published before the start of the contest will make the entry ineligible to win.
4. The rules of the contest are both strict and open to interpretation by a moderator.
5. It is the user’s responsibility to properly tag the story so that the story appears within the contest submissions. Untagged or improperly tagged stories will not be shown with the submissions and will not be eligible to win.
6. The creation of multiple accounts to heart or otherwise vote for your contest entry on Figment is prohibited, and may result in the disqualification of that entry, the deletion of your Figment account, and/or the blocking of your IP address permanently from the site, at the moderator’s discretion.