This is the topic that Alex must confront in FLIP by Martyn Bedford. (And despite the fact that he inhabits someone more popular and attractive than him, it still kind of sucks.)
For the Flip Contest, submit a 1,200 word story following just that premise. A character in your story must have migrated from one body to another; there are no restrictions on whose body they come to inhabit, human or otherwise. Whether or not they make it back to their own body is also up to you!
The top three finalists will receive copies of Flip by Martyn Bedford, and the winner will additionally receive an invisible bookshelf (you know, one of those trick bookshelves that makes it look like you have a stack of books floating on your wall). Voting on finalists will begin on the blog on Friday, April 22nd.
1) Email your entry to email@example.com by TUESDAY, April 19th at 12 AM EST.
2) Follow Flip Contest on Figment here.
Good luck, Figmentalites!
1. One entry per person, please.
2. The promotion of your contest entry is not allowed on Figment. This includes self-promotion and the promotion of other users’ contest entries in the Figment forums, the comments and reviews of stories, and the Figment Facebook page. Independent promotion on sites unrelated to Figment, like personal Facebook or Twitter accounts, is fine.
3. Works must be submitted to the above email address between the announcement of the contest and the closure of the contest. Entries created before the start date or after the end date will not be included in the pages of contest entries and will be ineligible to win. This means a new story must be created for the contest; adapting an old story published before the start of the contest will make the entry ineligible to win.
4. The rules of the contest are both strict and open to interpretation by a moderator.
5. The creation of multiple accounts to heart or otherwise vote for your contest entry on Figment is prohibited, and may result in the disqualification of that entry, the deletion of your Figment account, and/or the blocking of your IP address permanently from the site, at the moderator’s discretion.