In Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly, Willow and Alex (who happen to be a half-angel and an angel killer) go an a long road trip across America (fleeing evil angels – it’s a long story). Inspired by their journeys, we’ve got a quick, don’t-blink-because-you’ll-miss-it flash fiction contest!
In 500 or fewer words, write a story or poem about or set during a road trip.
How to enter:
1. Create something new
2. Tag it “RoadTripFlash”
3. Publish it
4. Wait the 2 or so hours for it to appear BELOW
You have only 24 hours from NOW, which means that you must have published and tagged your entries by NOON tomorrow! The fig mod staff will be picking our 5 favorites, which will then get put in a poll and voted on by other Figgies. The winner will receive an Angel Burn prize pack: an Angel Burn tote that comes filled with some Fall 2011 Candlewick Young Adult galleys/ARCs for summer reading! Good luck!
1. One entry per person, please.
2. The promotion of your contest entry is not allowed on Figment. This includes self-promotion and the promotion of other users’ contest entries in the Figment forums, the comments and reviews of stories, and the Figment Facebook page. Independent promotion on sites unrelated to Figment, like personal Facebook or Twitter accounts, is fine.
3. Works must be submitted according to the instructions above between the announcement of the contest and the closure of the contest. Entries created before the start date or after the end date will not be included in the pages of contest entries and will be ineligible to win. This means a new book must be created for the contest; adapting an old work published before the start of the contest will make the entry ineligible to win.
4. The rules of the contest are both strict and open to interpretation by a moderator.
5. The creation of multiple accounts to heart or otherwise vote for your contest entry on Figment is prohibited, and may result in the disqualification of that entry, the deletion of your Figment account, and/or the blocking of your IP address permanently from the site, at the moderator’s discretion.