Miranda Kenneally is joining Figment for a whirlwind weekend of Flash Fiction to celebrate her latest book, Catching Jordan (reviewed here by the Figment Review) and her website, Dear Teen Me! On Dear Teen Me, co-owned by E. Kristin Anderson, published YA authors write letters to their teen selves. Now we’re asking Figment users to write letters to their adult selves.
All you have to do is write a super short letter of under 500 words to your adult self. Submit your entry between 11:00 a.m. EST on February 17, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. EST on February 19, 2012. The Figment editorial staff will choose the top ten entries as finalists, and Miranda will choose the winners from those finalists.
How to enter:
1. Read the full rules here.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of under 500 words.
5. Tag your writing with dearadultme on the Details tab.
6 . Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.