The lights! The sounds! The hustle and-slash-or the bustle!
And the grand, swashbuckling tale of Peter Pan’s original journey to Neverland, Peter and the Starcatcher.
Based on a bestselling book by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson (who are taking your questions now on the forums!), Peter and the Starcatcher is a prequel to J. M. Barrie’s tale of the Boy Who Never Grew Up. It’s fun, colorful, whimsical, and beautiful. It’s coming to Broadway soon, and it’s coming to Figment now!
Enter a piece of writing inspired by the phrase “young at heart.” You have 750 words to tell your story. It can be fiction or non-fiction, poetry or prose—it’s up to you!
How to Enter:
1. Read the full rules here.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 750 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing with peterstarcatcher on the Details tab.
5. Press “Publish Now.”
6. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET, April 2 to submit your entry. Voting will run until 6:00 p.m. ET on April 10, at which point the 30 most-hearted entries will become finalists. Five (5) grand-prize winners will be determined by the Figment editorial team, and each winner will receive a voucher for two tickets to Peter and the Starcatcher and a signed copy of the novel Peter and the Starcatchers. It’ll be an absolutely magical performance, so don’t miss out!