In Julie Kagawa’s new novel The Immortal Rules, vampires rule. And not in a “ZOMG YOU GUISE, I LOVE VAMPIRES!!!!” kind of way. In an a-virus-has-wiped-out-so-much-of-humanity-that-vampires-are-the-new-majority kind of way.
What would the world look like if the world was overrun by bloodsucking vampires? Well, we imagine there would be a few key differences . . .
1. McDonalds would forgo the Big Mac for the Big Sac . . . of Blood! You would eat it by sucking through two straws, one on each fang.
2. On Halloween, children would dress up like accountants and secretaries.
3. New York’s most popular borough would be Fanghattan.
4. Chia Pets would come back into style. Why? Normal pets don’t have a long life expectancy. They tend to become midday snacks.
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer would be banned as a series of snuff films.
6. Splatter paint would be the hot new home decorating fad. Stylish and practical! (It hides those pesky blood drips.)
7. “Garlic” becomes the worst curse word in Vampire culture, right above “Van Helsig.”
8. Dates would change to BD and AD—“Before Dracula” and “After Dracula.”
10. Lady Gaga would remain a bestselling artist. Her appeal is universal.
Any we forgot? Start reading The Immortal Rules now to get inspired!