Dan Krokos‘s new novel, False Memory, tells the story of a group of genetically-enhanced teenagers who have the power to incite panic in everyone around them. Teens who frighten people might not be anything new (just ask your parents!) but these teens have something that make them a legitimate threat: all four are fierce fighters.
Their leader/father figure, Dr. Tycast, has been in charge of their training since childhood and, as a result, the foursome are close friends with killer skills. Inspired by the tight-knit teens, we’ve got a writing contest for you!
Your challenge: Write a story of 1,200 words or less about a team, told from the perspective of one of the following:
· The adult leader of a group
· A teen who is the weakest member of the team
· A teen thrust into a leadership role he or she doesn’t want
How to Enter:
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 1,200 words or less.
4. Tag your writing with FalseMemoryContest on the Details tab.
5. Press “Publish Now.”
6. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
You have until Tuesday, August 28 at 11:59 p.m. ET to enter your story. Voting will run until Wednesday, September 5 at 5:00 p.m. ET. The top ten most-hearted finalists will be sent to Dan Krokos for judging!
The Grand Prize winner will receive The Enemy by Charlie Higson, The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, From What I Remember by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas, The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade, and False Memory by Dan Krokos!
Two runners-up will each receive a copy of False Memory by Dan Krokos.