Perry Stormaire can’t imagine that his life could get better. His awesome college application essay got him a spot at Columbia. He’s on a European tour with his band, Inchworm. And he has a really great girlfriend. Unfortunately for Perry, things are about to get a lot more complicated.
In Joe Schreiber’s new novel, Perry’s Killer Playlist, the thrill-filled sequel to Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick, Perry finds himself reconnecting with Gobi, the Lithuanian exchange student-slash-trained assassin. Swept up in a world of bomb blasts, boat chases, and murder plots, Perry struggles to survive. But more importantly, he has to confront his feelings for the woman who might just kill him.
Inspired by the Perry’s adventures, we’re hosting a weeklong flash-fiction contest!
Every day, we will be giving you a new action-adventure scenario. In 150 words or fewer, you’ll write your own action-adventure scene.
You have 24 hours (until 11:59 p.m. ET on the day the prompt is posted) to enter a story in response to the prompt. You can enter one story for each day’s prompt. If you respond to multiple prompts over the course of the challenge, those stories do not have to be related.
The Figment editors will choose the 10 best entries from the entire week and send them to Joe Schreiber, who will choose one grand-prize winner! The grand-prize winner will receive a $50 iTunes gift card along with copies of Perry’s Killer Playlist and Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber.
Monday’s Prompt (11/12):
Tuesday’s Prompt (11/13):
Wednesday’s Prompt (11/14):
Thursday’s Prompt (11/15):
Friday’s Prompt (11/16):
How to Enter:
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or less.
4. Tag your writing with ActionFlashContest on the “Details” tab. Tag your writing with the correct daily tag (ActionFlash1, ActionFlash2, ActionFlash3, ActionFlash4, and ActionFlash5) on the “Details” tab.
5. Enter your response by 11:59 p.m. ET on the day the prompt was posted.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues.