In Joe Schreiber’s new novel, Perry’s Killer Playlist, the action-packed sequel to Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick, Perry Stormaire just can’t seem to stay away from Gobi, the Lithuanian exchange student with a license to kill. Which is exactly why he finds himself dodging bullets, barely surviving boat chases, and trying to avoid his growing feelings for Gobi, the only person who can save him . . . if she doesn’t kill him first.
Inspired by the do-or-die adventures of Perry’s Killer Playlist, we’re hosting a weeklong flash-fiction contest!
Every day, we will be giving you a new action-adventure scenario. In 150 words or fewer, you’ll write your own action-adventure scene.
You have 24 hours (until 11:59 p.m. ET on the day the prompt is posted) to enter a story in response to the prompt. You can enter one story for each day’s prompt. If you respond to multiple prompts over the course of the challenge, those stories do not have to be related.
The Figment editors will choose the 10 best entries from the entire week and send them to Joe Schreiber, who will choose one grand-prize winner! The grand-prize winner will receive a $50 iTunes gift card along with copies of Perry’s Killer Playlist and Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber.
Wednesday’s Prompt (11/14):
How to Enter:
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or less.
4. Tag your writing with ActionFlashContest and ActionFlash3 on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2012.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.