Perry Stormaire has it made. He got into Columbia thanks to a killer college essay. His band, Inchworm, is on a major European tour. And he has a super-hot girlfriend. Of course, the good times don’t last when Perry goes looking for Gobi, the crazy European chick to whom he thought he had said goodbye forever.
Once again, Perry is swept up in a world of bomb explosions and international murder plots. But Perry’s also battling his growing feelings for Gobi, who happens to be the only person who can save him . . . if she doesn’t kill him first.
Every day, we will be giving you a new action-adventure scenario. In 150 words or fewer, you’ll write your own action-adventure scene.
You have 24 hours (until 11:59 p.m. ET on the day the prompt is posted) to enter a story in response to the prompt. You can enter one story for each day’s prompt. If you respond to multiple prompts over the course of the challenge, those stories do not have to be related.
The Figment editors will choose the 10 best entries from the entire week and send them to Joe Schreiber, who will choose one grand-prize winner! The grand-prize winner will receive a $50 iTunes gift card along with copies of Perry’s Killer Playlist and Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber.
Friday’s Prompt (11/16):
How to Enter:
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or less.
4. Tag your writing with ActionFlashContest and ActionFlash5 on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, November 16, 2012.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.