It’s the final day of our weeklong Winter Break flash-fiction contest. Time to put on your finest duds, don a party hat, grab a noisemaker, and ring in the New Year!
“In 150 words or fewer, write a scene that takes place at a New Year’s Eve party.” Tag your story WinterBreakFlash and WinterFlash5. You have until Saturday, December 29 at 11:59 p.m. ET to respond to the prompt.
How to Enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing both WinterBreakFlash and WinterFlash5 on the Details tab. (That’s two tags!)
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
The Figment editors will choose one winning response to each day’s prompt; that story’s writer will receive a super secret surprise book and their story will be featured on the Figment homepage! Click here for more prompts from this contest.