If you win the Valentine’s Day contest being held by Figment and SMITHTeens (entries are due Monday, February 4!), you’ll be invited to take the stage with six stars of the NYC storytelling scene. These people have made stories their lives and their accomplishments are known far and wide.
Learn about the greats that you’ll be joining, but be warned! While two of the facts about each person are true, one is a lie. Can you spot the falsehood? Leave your guesses in the comments!
- Ophira Eisenberg hosts Ask Me Another, a weekly trivia show on NPR.
- Ophira Eisenberg has been published in many anthologies and her debut memoir is being published this April.
- Ophira Eisenberg’s brother is named Jesse Eisenberg, but he isn’t that Jesse Eisenberg, but he met that Jesse Eisenberg once and when he did, they were both wearing the same shirt and that Jesse Eisenberg said, “Oh, fun.”
- David Crabb is the creator of the critically acclaimed one-man show Bad Kid.
- David Crabb teaches at the People’s Improv Theatre in NYC.
- David Crabb once fell from a three-story building, landed on a trampoline, and–after a perfect front flip–landed on his feet. In front of a Russian ex-Olympic judge.
- A.J. Jacobs spent a year without wearing any clothing of mixed fibers as part of his book The Year of Living Biblically.
- A.J. Jacobs is the editor-at-large for Esquire magazine.
- A.J Jacobs doesn’t have any finger- or toenails.
- Catie Lazarus is the host of the show (and podcast) Employee of the Month.
- Catie Lazarus has written for Slate, The Daily Beast, Bust, Cosmo, Women’s Health, Tango, Gawker, New York Post, and more.
- Catie Lazarus is an award-winning archer/reality-show survivor married to a baker, and she helped inspire the character of Katniss Everdeen.
- Abby Ellin has had more articles published in the New York Times than you have fingers and toes (looking at you, A.J. Jacobs).
- Abby Ellin named the Ben & Jerry’s flavor Karamel Sutra.
- Abby Ellin once fired Donald Trump.
- Bryan Christian runs the marketing department at Hyperion Books.
- Bryan Christian once accidentally went on a date with someone he had already dated and dumped.
- Bryan Christian’s first job was as a psychic at the State Fair.
And get a ticket to the event while you can! It’s being held February 14, 2013, 7:00 p.m., at the 92nd Street YMCA in Tribeca, NYC.