Vanessa Sheller is the quintessential “It Girl”—smart, funny, absolutely gorgeous. So why would she fall for Tim Macbeth, the quiet new kid at the Irving School? Well, he’s got one thing going for him: He’s a great listener, unlike Vanessa’s ultra-popular boyfriend. But just because there’s a spark between them, that doesn’t mean Vanessa will throw away her social status to start dating Tim . . .
Friday’s Prompt (2/1)
“Imagine two people who are in a relationship that no one else knows about. In 150 words or fewer, describe a special item one of them gives the other.” Tag your story TragedyFlashContest and TragedyFlash3. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 2 to enter your story.
Between now and midnight on Monday, February 4, keep checking the main challenge page for more prompts!
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing both TragedyFlashContest and TragedyFlash3 on the Details tab. (That’s two tags!)
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Figment editors will read all the entries. One grand-prize winner will receive The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan, Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, and Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir, a $15 Amazon gift card, and the chance to choose the Figment homepage stories for one day.
Figment editors will also choose five daily winners. Daily winners will each receive a copy of The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan.