At the Irving School, there always seem to be teachers around. It’s hard for couples to sneak off and get a little bit of alone time. So when Vanessa invites Tim to go on a run through the woods around the school, he accepts. He’s the new kid, so if he gets caught, he’ll just claim he didn’t know the rules. It’s worth the risk just to spend a few minutes alone with Vanessa, away from the prying eyes of her popular boyfriend . . .
Saturday, February 2
“In 150 words or fewer, write a story about a secret meeting.” Tag your story TragedyFlashContest and TragedyFlash4. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 3 to enter your story.
Between now and midnight on Monday, February 4, keep checking the main challenge page for more prompts!
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing both TragedyFlashContest and TragedyFlash4 on the Details tab. (That’s two tags!)
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Figment editors will read all the entries. One grand-prize winner will receive The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan, Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, and Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir, a $15 Amazon gift card, and the chance to choose the Figment homepage stories for one day.
Figment editors will also choose five daily winners. Daily winners will each receive a copy of The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan.