Vanessa Adler has a ton of talent. It’s not really a surprise that she’s cast as the lead in The Firebird, even though she’s just a freshman at the New York Ballet Academy. But the role comes with a lot of pressure. She faces daily scrutiny from the choreographer, Josef, and the wrath of backstabbing bunheads. She’s not sure what to make of her sexy dance partner, Zep. And then there’s the issue of finding her missing sister . . .
Friday’s Prompt (2/15)
“In 150 words or fewer, write a story that takes place backstage.” Tag your story ShadowsContest and DanceFlash3. You’ll have until Saturday, February 16 at 11:59 p.m. ET to enter your story.
Between now and midnight on Monday, February 18, keep checking the main challenge page for more prompts!
How to Enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing both ShadowsContest and DanceFlash3 on the Details tab. (That’s two tags!)
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Figment editors will be reading all the entries. One grand-prize winner will receive Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black, the entire NEED series by Carrie Jones (Need, Captivate, Entice, Endure), and a ballet-inspired pendant necklace.
Figment editors will also choose five daily winners. The five daily winners will each receive a copy of Dance of Shadows.