Fiona awakes from a deep sleep to discover the world she grew up in has been thrown into chaos. A vaccination has left most of the population violent shells of their former shelves—including Fiona’s twin brother. Her parents are missing and her town seems deserted. Fiona herself has a strange tattoo on her arm that marks her as dangerous. But she doesn’t feel dangerous. She just feels scared and misunderstood.
Day 3 Prompt (4/10)
Re-imagine the moment where Beauty meets the Beast for the first time. Your scene must be set in the future and be no more than 150 words. Tag your story StungFlashWeek and StungFlash3. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 11 to enter your story.
Between now and Friday, April 12, keep checking the main contest page for more prompts.
How to Enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing both StungFlashWeek and StungFlash3 on the Details tab. (That’s two tags!)
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Figment editors will be reading all the entries. We’ll send our top 10 favorite entries to Bethany Wiggins, who will choose the grand prize winner.
Five daily winners will each receive a copy of Stung by Bethany Wiggins.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.