When Fiona finds herself alone in a terrifying new world, she is unsure of where to go or how to protect herself. One thing she’s sure of—she must hide the mysterious tattoo on her arm. As she sets out to try to find help, she encounters unthinkable dangers. But when she befriends her captor—a boy she once knew in what seems like a different lifetime—she begins to have some hope for the future.
Re-imagine the moment where Hansel and Gretel discover the witch’s house. Your scene must be set in the future and be no more than 150 words. Tag your story StungFlashWeek and StungFlash5. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 13 to enter your story.
Between now and Friday, April 12, keep checking the main contest page for more prompts.
How to Enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing both StungFlashWeek and StungFlash5 on the Details tab. (That’s two tags!)
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Figment editors will be reading all the entries. We’ll send our top 10 favorite entries to Bethany Wiggins, who will choose the grand prize winner.
Five daily winners will each receive a copy of Stung by Bethany Wiggins.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.