I guess laundry day sucks extra hard for Winchesters and hold up is that a human skeleton?
I have never watched an episode of Supernatural in my life. I’m sure it’s a lovely show, and it’s on my list after Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Entourage, Homeland, and Walking Dead. Oh! And the rest of Veronica Mars. And the most recent Starkid musical.
I already feel intimately familiar with the show, though, due to Figment’s Tumblr and all the wonderful fans we follow. When I finally sit down to watch Supernatural, there are 14 things I expect to be true.
1. Dean and Sam Winchester are brothers.
2. Their parents were killed…by…demons?
3. The older brother is shorter than the younger brother, which took me a while to grasp because my understanding of the world is less complex than a third grader’s.
4. Dean and Sam don’t know about demons in the pilot. The show is their journey into the world of demons, a la Fringe, a la Charmed, a la almost every show with supernatural elements.
5. The Winchesters are the good guys, but they kill a lot of people.
6. Most of the girls the Winchesters date end up evil, demonic, or dead.
7. Dean has a nice car that he is pretty attached to.
8. Castiel is an angel (and maybe also God?) who has the social IQ of a Sim that keeps walking into a wall and tickling other Sims.
9. Castiel gets turned evil sometimes.
10. There’s a lumberjack guy who the Winchesters trust. He seems to get stuff done.
11. There are other evil guys. One of them wears a suit, I don’t know…
12. Sam Winchester acts like a moose?
13. A lot of episodes take place on Tuesdays.
14. Castiel and Dean have a lot of sexual tension and may or may not be hooking up.