We’re PSYCHED for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. We’ve had love for TMI for awhile, but we’re now finally able to express that love in the best way possible: GIFS. So, here are 13 reasons why we’re completely confident that the movie is gonna be great!
1. Neck tattoos that aren’t totally off-putting
Alec rocks the neck tat. You know it. We know it. He knows it.
2. Clary and Jace were perfectly cast
JUST LOOK AT THEM.
3. Beautiful New York City setting
The greatest city in the world seems like an excellent setting for what is sure to be an excellent movie.
4. SERIOUS romance
We’re just gonna leave that right here.
5. Simon is literally the best
Everyone’s gonna walk out of the theater wishing Simon was their best friend.
6. The actors *might* love the books as much as you do
Or at least respect how much you love them
7. Jaime Campbell Bower has some serious smolder capabilities
8. Author Cassandra Clare approves
9. And even makes a cameo appearance!
We love when authors get to do that.
10. Lady Sass
Clary doesn’t take crap from nobody.
11. Man Sass
Jace: Magnus Bane. We need to talk
Magnus: What? You’re breaking up with me? We just met!
12. Jemima West is FIERCE
13. Lack of Heteronormativity
We ship Malec.