The end is near. The end of summer that is. The end of long, lazy days spent poolside. The end of summer jobs. The end of summer reading. And the beginning of school.
But before we bid adieu to our most favorite season, we’ve got one last flash-fiction contest to celebrate summer!
In 200 words or fewer, write a scene about the last night of summer vacation. Tag your story SummerFlash. You have until Monday, August 12 at 11:59 p.m. ET to enter your story.
Figment editors will be reading all entries. Five winners will be chosen to have their stories featured on the Figment homepage.
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 200 words or less.
4. Tag your writing SummerFlash on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Photo by Steven Fruitsmaak.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.