Last month we rounded up some of our favorite YA books set in exotic locations. This month, we’re challenging you to write your own story set in a foreign land. Just imagine:
- A first kiss beneath the Eiffel Tower.
- Riding a rickshaw through the streets of Bangkok.
- Spotting a lion pride while on safari in Botswana.
The world is your oyster — now you just need to write about it!
In 250 words or fewer write a fictional travelogue entry about a trip to a foreign country. Tag your entry TravelContest. You have until Monday, August 26 at 11:59 p.m. ET to enter a story.
Figment editors will be reading all entries. Five winners will be chosen to have their stories featured on the Figment homepage.
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 250 words or less.
4. Tag your writing TravelContest on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.