Where there is no imagination there is no horror.
— Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
It’s October, which means Halloween is just around the corner, which means this is the perfect time of year to enjoy a really scary story. We have our favorites, including Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and Break My Heart 1,000 Times — but this year, we want to read your scary stories.
In 100 words or fewer, write a scary story. Tag your story FigmentBoo. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 16 to enter your story.
Figment editors will be reading all the entries. Five winners will be chosen to be featured on the Figment homepage.
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 100 words or less.
4. Tag your writing FigmentBoo on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.