What would you do if you inherited millions of dollars?
In celebration of next month’s new release, We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, we have a brand new contest!
In 750 words or fewer, write a story surrounding a character who inherits millions of dollars and tag it FigmentMillions. Will your character use their new fortune for good or for evil? You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, May 16 to enter your story.
Ten winners will be chosen to win a copy of We Were Liars and have their stories featured in our weekly Newsletter, the Figment homepage and across our social media channels! Make sure you’re following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagramand Tumblr for the latest updates and good luck!
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 750 words or less.
4. Tag your writing FigmentMillions on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
8. The top 100 hearted stories will be eligible to win so share your stories in the forums!
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.