Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring C. Nicole Nolan! Check out five of her stories along with her interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- What’s not to enjoy about Figment? What I love most is the sense of community. I love having the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other writers, and such great ones at that. Everyone is so willing to help each other out with writerly things.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- I haven’t shared many stories yet. It takes me a while to build up the courage to put myself out there. With that being said, I think my fave one is Drive. It is a flash fiction but I just love the characters. I want to expand it so you guys can know more about Jack and Charlotte and love them too!
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I am frequent, vivid dreamer (I do quite a bit of daydreaming too) and a lot of my inspiration comes from that. I, incoherently, jot my dreams down in the middle of the night and decipher them later. Music and my friends are what help me keep writing. I create entire playlist that relate to my projects. My amazing friends listen to my ramblings, give me feedback on ways to expand and improve, and push me when I feel like giving up.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book I read was We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. Everyone needs to read it. Don’t ask questions, just go. Don’t even finish this sentence. Okay, you rebel. Now go.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Keep writing. Then write some more. Accept criticism. Read. Read works by authors who are better than you, authors who inspire you. Then write some more. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Congratulations again C. Nicole and thank you for sharing talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of her work below.
Description: A poem.
Description: WORK IN PROGRESS: Following her mothers death, Lorraine Spencer is suffering from an identity crisis. She finds her previous reputation as the ‘it girl’ dangling precariously in front of her. Lorraine’s desperate quest to find who she is leads her to Cooper, a nobody with a voice velvety as chocolate. He makes her feels alive again but her happiness comes at a price. Being with him would be the cataclysm of her life. The only thing on Cooper Garcia’s mind is graduation. All he wants is to get out of town for good. He maintains his sanity with regular gigs at the local pub. Thats until Lorraine comes along, who surprises him in ways he never expected. When Lorraine’s friends found out about their secret meetings, harassing Cooper until he breaks becomes their goal. Being with her would make his time remaining in Alexandria completely miserable. If Lorraine wants to keep Cooper, she has to fight against her friends. If Cooper wants to keep Lorraine, he must fight against himself.
Description: Prologue. After her sister is mysteriously attacked, Isola sets out to seek revenge.
Description: Another flash fiction:)
Description: A flash fiction from some contest that I can’t remember. I didn’t win so 😛
Congratulations again, C. Nicole!
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team