Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuringIsabel Filippone! Check out five of her stories along with her interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- Ithink I would have to say that I enjoy the forums and groups the most. I think the forums are a great place to talk to people and make new friends. Not to mention it’s a great place to get writing advice. I know it can be a little intimidating at first, considering most of the regulars are already friends with each other, but I think everyone overall is very welcoming to newbies. I also enjoy the groups because I think they are a great help for people looking to strengthen and expose their writing. There are many group contests with great prizes that give out helpful review to writers. A few that I am in now have improved my writing very much. Some examples of great contests to join are Figment’s Next Top Writer, Figment’s Next Best Writer and America’s Next Great Author.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- I think it would have to be a tie between Skinny and The Chalk Boy. I wroteSkinny for the Seventeen Magazine Contest and while it didn’t win I think it talked about a really pressing issue and it is my most hearted piece. The Chalk Boy was written for the Kiss Contest and was finalist, but not a winner. I think this piece is one of my best because it has a really great twist ending and I’m planning on making it into a novel when I have the time.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I find most of my story inspiration in pictures, songs and music videos. Although, occasional it comes from real life. As for how I keep writing-truthfully, I couldn’t stop even if I wanted to. I need to write.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book I read was The Count of Monte Cristo. It was great, I loved all the twists and turns. Also, the descriptions were very vivid.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Get involved in the forums and groups I can’t explain enough how helpful it is.
- Thank you for taking the time to read this interview and thank you to the mods for asking me these great questions. If you have gotten to the end I have a little surprise for all the writers. Comment Figment Fun on my wall and I’ll give you a free read;)
Congratulations again Isabel and thank you for sharing talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of her work below.
Description: When even your own mind believes your the killer, it’s not just walls keeping you in. Your inner thoughts have become your worst enemy, and your only protection. Every time you fall asleep you relive a fake memory to protect yourself from the truth. A far worse truth. In the morning when you wake it’s as if nothing ever happened at all. The mind is a tricky thing.
Description: Tw: Body Image
Description: Looking at someone you can never have, is like staring at sugary food when your on a diet, or trying on clothing that it too expensive. The moment when you find something you fall in love with, is always bitter sweet.
Description: just broken up
Congratulations again, Isabel!
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team