Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Aerin! Check out five of her stories along with her interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I mostly enjoy the people. All my wonderful friends, the people I follow and the stories they write. Their encouragement, enthusiasm, senses of humor, talent, attitudes…..they’re just so extraordinary. They are the best bit of Figment, without question.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- Hmmm. That’s tough. Stinkbug Steak would definitely be a favorite, simply because I love to make people laugh, and it tends to have that effect on people.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- Inspiration. I need to avoid that word, because it’s honestly about making myself write, and keep writing. If you refuse to let yourself stop, the inspiration will take care of itself. Honestly, if I only wrote when I “felt inspired,” I’d write nothing but poetry.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last major book I read was Brandon Sanderson’s Words of Radiance. He’s a fantastic author.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- READ. Read good books, and pay attention to how they do it. Listen to how the best people do it, and get an intuitive feel for how words should flow. Pay attention to details, and feelings, and write for yourself, not for some ethereal “audience.” No one else will feel it until you do.
Congratulations again Aerin and thank you for sharing talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of her work below.
True story. Happened 9/18/13 Names changed to protect guilty.
I would have told all the people I poked about this individually, but then I was like, that would be confusing and repetitive. So I made it a story, and poked the people I thought would love it. If anyone else likes it, yay! but this is mainly for you guys to enjoy… 😉
Done. I think. Unless I decide it needs more. ;D
From Anne’s view. Interior monologue. Companion to Dear Anne.
Random actual poetry. (as in not Shae’s) Probably a little bleak. I fit words together when I feel depressed. like puzzles. XD In an attempt to make something pretty out of something not.
Letter. Companion to Anne. Read this first.
Prologue with no story. Will I write one to it? I don’t know. What do you think?
Congratulations again, Aerin!
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team