Random House Children’s Books and Brandon Sanderson, New York Times bestselling author of Steelheart and the upcoming Firefight, want to hear from you!
In 1,000 words or fewer, write a story that follows the following prompt, created by Brandon Sanderson himself:
“If you were a super-villain, what would your one power be? And how would you use it to conquer the world?” – Tag it #BrandonSanderson.
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, December 5th to enter your story.
10 semi-finalists will receive a free signed copy of Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. Five finalists will be chosen by and revealed by Brandon Sanderson during a Livestream video chat. Those winners’ stories will also be featured in our weekly Newsletter, the Figment homepage, and across all our social media channels.
The Grand Prize winner will be voted on by the Figment community from among the five finalists and, in addition to the above, will receive an editorial letter and consultation with Brandon Sanderson’s editor at Delacorte Press, Krista Marino!
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 1,000 words or less on the subject above.
4. Tag your writing #BrandonSanderson on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.