Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Olivia Ringley! Check out five of her stories along with her interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I love the support that you receive from everyone. Everyone on here is supportive and friendly. You get this sense of family and I love being on here. It has gotten to the point where is might be an addiction, haha.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story has to be Amorphous because this is the first time that I have felt so confident in a novel that I am writing. Usually I give up in the beginning but I can not see myself giving up on Amorphous. I have grown to love the characters and everything about them and the story itself.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I usually can find inspiration everywhere, but I tend to find it most in songs, books, and movies. Those are things that inspire me the most.
What is the last book that you read?
- The Maze Runner was the last book that I have read and I absolutely love it. I didn’t get a chance to see the movie, but I am waiting for to come out on DVD so its all good.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Just keep writing and finding inspiration. No matter what, do not give up. Giving up means you don’t believe in yourself or your writing. If you keep writing, you will improve, trust me. This is a lesson that took me a couple of years to learn, but it something that all writers should know. Don’t give up.
Congratulations again, Olivia and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of her work below.
Congratulations again, Olivia!
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team