Welcome to Figment’s MARCH MATCHUP – Round 4!
This is round 4 of our 5 short story tournament to challenge each of you to be creative, quick and diverse with unique writing prompts. You are all welcome to participate however, only the 4 winners from round 3 are eligible to win this round.
ONLY the 2 winners from this round will be eligible to win our FIGMENT FINALS so GOOD LUCK everyone!
ROUND 4 Prompt
In 250 words or fewer, include this dialogue, “Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.” You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 26th to enter your story.
There will be 2 winners from this round whom will be eligible for round 4 prizes so best of luck to you all!
1. Do we have to include this exact quote?
2. Can I participate if I don’t live in the USA?
– Unfortunately we can only ship prizes to winners in the USA at this time.
3. If we don’t win the previous rounds can we still submit a story?
– This contest works similar to March Madness – only the first 16 winners will be eligible to win this round. Only those 8 winners will be eligible to win round 3 and so on. However, you are still welcome to participate for fun!
4. Can we write a poem?
– Of course! We love poems!
5. My story is 251 words, will it still be judged?
– Only stories 250 words and below will be eligible to win.
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 250 words or less.
4. Tag your writing #marchmatchup4 on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Please note: The comment box below is only for questions about how to enter this contest or other logistical issues. For comments, thoughts, suggestions, complaints about the contest system, please visit our Contest Input forum. To find someone to read your story, try the Contest Promotion forum.