Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Alena Parker! Check out five of her stories along with her interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- My favorite part about Figment is the support. All the encouragement has helped me follow through with my stories, and has also gifted me confidence in my work. That’s the biggest thing for me. With my new-found confidence, I’m able to create deeper and stronger writings.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story is my work in progress novel, “All My Broken”. It’s going to be a really great story about how hard it is when lives are placed in your hands, and you have to choose which ones to save- yourself, or others.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- My friends are absolutely my biggest inspiration. They are supporting and helpful every step of the way, and I’m not even sure I’d be here sharing my stories with you if it weren’t for their encouragement.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book I read… Catching Fire from The Hunger Games series. That will forever be my favorite.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- My advice is this: Stand behind your work. Take into consideration people’s criticism, but don’t allow negative comments to bring you down, and make you doubt your abilities. If you have something to say, or a story to tell, just tell it. You can’t please everyone, so if you feel good about it, then it’s perfect.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of her work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team