Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring L. R. Bauer! Check out five of their stories along with their interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I thoroughly enjoy all the encouragement, honest feedback, and constructive criticism the members of Figment offer each other on their writing. Being a part of such a warm, welcoming environment has definitely improved my writing for the better.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story I have shared would be Seeing Double. It is one of very few stories in which I planned the plot rather than only writing when I was inspired.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I find inspiration for writing from life experiences and the books I read. When I find myself facing writer’s block on a particular story, I start writing something completely different before returning to the original story with a fresh mind.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book I read was Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. For some reason, I didn’t read it when I was younger. I kept seeing it on lists of the best young adult fantasy novels so I decided to check it out. I sincerely recommend it.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Pick up a book by one of your favorite authors and reread it. This time, pay attention to the way the author crafts sentences, develops characters, and reveals plotting details throughout the novel. Make note of what works and doesn’t. Learning by example is one of the best ways to improve your writing. Most of us on this site are still learning, so it only makes sense to learn from the best.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team