Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring ➳FollowYourArrow ♥! Check out five of their stories along with their interview questions below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- My favourite thing about the figment community is that you can be yourself. Be as weird, outgoing, or shy as you want and people will understand; you can pour your heart out into a story and people will actually give it the time of day, because they’ve been in your shoes before. It’s a very supportive community and very welcoming, no matter your skill level as a writer.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favourite story I have shared is Valour. It’s the story with which I’ve been the longest, I’ve had the idea for it rattling around in my head since grade nine. But I think the reason it’s my favourite is because I’ve found my characters to grow into people I never expected them to be.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- Sometimes it can be hard. Especially when you find yourself stuck in a writer’s block out of which it feels impossible to escape. Then I turn on the news, check my social media, or think of my past experiences. I find that my biggest inspirations come from real life, the world is crazy and pure gold for story telling.
What is the last book that you read?
- It’s called “The Girl That Saved the King of Sweden.” I found it in a little book shop in Europe, in the English section. I highly recommend it.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Never, and I mean never, be afraid to share a story. A half-constructed story shared with the world is better than a novel trapped in your head. Also, don’t be afraid to look to your real life for inspiration: write about your friends, that trip you took last summer, or that guy you see everyday at the bus stop. It might seem boring to you but for a reader it’s something new, and we’re all just looking for a good story.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team