Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Adam Aldrich! Check out five of his stories along with his interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I really enjoy the camaraderie that’s shared between the members of the Figment community, the support and advice that flows between its members. I also appreciate that Figment allows me to have a public forum for my writing and the writing of others, as well. Thanks to everyone who’s been so kind and helpful with regard to my writing and the pieces that I’ve posted on Figment.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story is Onion Ring Dreams, because it allowed me to be creative, surreal, and to tell an interesting story.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I’m inspired by the stories which build up within my heart and mind, the ones that intrigue me with their mystery and which yearn to be told.
What is the last book that you read?
- Boy’s Life by Robert McCammon
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Open up your heart and mind, focus upon positive feedback, ignore the naysayers, and explore the universe of your imagination. Writing is awesome in so many amazing ways, allowing us to discover the terrain within ourselves, others, places, times, and societies. It allows us to construct and deliver a legacy of creativity not only for the pleasure of others, but for ourselves, as well.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team