Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Josephine F.! Check out five of her stories along with her interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- What I love the most about Figment and its community is being able to read so many good books and see so many stories and ideas developing in such a short amount of time. I also love how friendly and welcoming the people on this website are and how easy it is to gain feedback on my stories and ideas, it is extremely helpful. This website has really fixed my inability to continue my stories and has given me the courage to actually sit down and really try to finish one of my books I have started and left to be covered in a pile of dust.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story that I have shared on Figment would probably have to be my newest one, ‘Til Doomsday’. That is one that I am actually trying to finish before January! 😀
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- Usually I just write poetry if I get writers block or I take inspiration from my dreams or old story ideas that I came up with. The idea of publishing a book one day is the biggest inspiration for me though, I would love to become one of the well known authors like Dean Koontz or James Patterson!
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book I have read was Divergent, I have to read it in my English class even though I have already read it three times previously.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Well, to improve your writing you should seek out as much advice and feedback as you possibly can. Then take note of it and apply it to other stories that you are writing or going to write. ALWAYS accept criticism though, it will improve your writing so much. I know for a fact that with the more meaningful criticism that I have received it has all been ingrained into my mind and my family and have realized a huge improvement in my current stories compared to my older stories. Good feedback will help you so accept it unless it is unreasonable or rude. Just remember to never give up, even if you receive mean comments! :)/li>
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team