Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Unmasked Dreams! Check out five of her stories along with her interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I guess it would have to be the interaction between the members and the various competitions. I love the fact the fact that it’s so easy to get honest feedback from other authors. It always warms my heart to hear what other people think of my work. It’s also a privilege to be able to help build other writers up by giving them constructive criticism. Through these swaps, friendships that transcend the distance between members are formed. It doesn’t matter what part of the world you are in. The competitions are also a joy. It’s a way to be able to improve your writing skills. Whether it’s an official contest or contests handled by groups, joining has always been fun for me.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- I’d say it would be “The Last Daughter”. Why? Because this is the story that began my love for writing and this is the story I spent my entire four years in high school perfecting. This was the first novel I finished writing. It was such a huge accomplishment for me to be able to pass this story as my thesis. It was a wonderful journey seeing the characters evolve from who I first imagined them to be. It was through this piece that I found my love for writing.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I find inspiration in the people around me. When I hear their true-to-life stories, I wonder about the endless possibilities like what would happen if they went to the mall instead of the park? I like imagining what it would be like to make different decisions and to see their outcome. I just like putting my own twist on things. And the more I imagine, the more details come to life.
What is the last book that you read?
- It would be “The Treachery of Beautiful Things” by Ruth Frances Long. It was a super cute fantasy-slash-romance. 🙂
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- My only advice is to keep reading and writing. That’s how I started. The more you read, the more you open yourself up to the endless possibilities. If you’re unsure of what you’re writing, ask help from a trusted friend. If you don’t want your friends to know about it, share it this wonderful site and ask for a swap. Just never stop writing, We all have that story we aren’t sure of. But don’t let that stop you. Happy writing! 🙂
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team