Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Cher-Marie Lewis! Check out five of her stories along with her interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I love the fact that people can share their writings and have other writers on their own level critique them. It’s good criticism from people just like you that helps you build, and you get to learn from others as well. We develop together, basically.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favourite story I’ve shared is one I’ve just begun, named Ellie Epsilon. It’s in the baby phase, but I literally have the entire story in my head, and it’s a beautiful one.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- My inspiration comes from my wild imagination. I take the things I see and hear everyday and morph them in my mind into things I can probably only express through writing.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book I read was Under The Dome, by Steven King, mainly because I love Steven King. Besides that, the way it was written kept my mind captivated. It was pretty hard to put down.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- My advice… I don’t think I’m qualified to give advice, but if I had to say anything to any aspiring writer, it would be to not give your readers what they expect from the type story you write. Just write, and love what you write. Write what you would love to read.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team