It’s time for the last round of this year’s March Match-up!
We would like to encourage you ALL to take place in the final round, even if you were not one of our 2 finalists. We’re looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
For those of who who aren’t familiar – our March Match-up contest is a month-long promotion similar to March Madness. EVERYONE is eligible to enter round 1. However, only 16 people will be picked to move on to round 2. When round 2 starts, a new writing prompt will be released and ONLY those 8 winners will be eligible to compete in round 3, and so on.
Without further ado, here’s our FINAL Prompt. Good luck to our two remaining FIGGIES!
In 1,000 words or fewer, create a short story including the dialogue: “It really isn’t normal to have to be plugged into a wall charger at night.” You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 31st to enter your story. You CAN submit multiple stories but you can ONLY win once. We’ll simply pick the best of your best. 😉
One (1) winner will be chosen to not only win a cool Figment-branded item to be sent to you but will also win a gift card and will be one of our newest FEATURED FIGS! Make sure you’re following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr for the latest updates and good luck!
How to enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 1,000 words or less.
4. Tag your writing marchround5 on the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
8. If you have been selected as a winner you will receive a congratulations e-mail from email@example.com to your Figment e-mail address. You will then be eligible to compete in the next round of March Match-up. Once all five (5) rounds have been completed you will be contacted again for your physical address. If you do not respond within two (2) weeks, you are no longer eligible to receive the physical prize. However, we will still be happy to promote how awesome you are!