Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring A. G. Bennett! Check out five of their stories along with their interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- Writing is one of my favorite things in the world so it means a lot to me to have figment. What I love the most about this great site is the people for sure. Everyone is so amazing and kind. I have gotten some amazing writing advice from plenty of fellow figgies who have continuously helped me grow in many ways. I feel so thankful to be apart of such a supportive community.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- That’s a tough one…. I must say that my favorite peice would be my work in progress, Perception. I have been working extremely hard on it and am very proud of how far I have come with it. I have had a lot of help from my cousin and my great friends on this project and I can’t wait to finish writing it. A quick thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help me with it. I love you!!!
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I find inspiration everywhere. I write about a wide variety of topics and pull inspiration from all around me. My friends, my family, past and future loves, even total strangers can give me the greatest ideas. I find my best work is written when I am writing from the depths of my imagination and twist it with dark memories from my past. I definately have a lot of depressing peices of writing out there, and the darkest times bring about those beautifully dark works of art.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book that I read was Alice Through The Looking Glass. I absoultly love Alice and connect with her on the deepest level. A world like Wonderland, where madness rules, is definately my cup of tea. XD
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- My advice for my fellow figgies is, look around you. Everywhere. You can find amazing things in every corner if you just stop and look. Use memories and emotions as inspiration. You can turn your worst day into something uplifting for someone else through writing. And reach out to others. The people that care about you as a writer, who respect you, give the best advice.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team