Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Clary Frost! Check out five of their stories along with their interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- Figment has a very welcoming atmosphere and you can find people of all levels of writing. Because it is so diverse, you can easily fit anywhere in the community. I’ve made so many friends here and could connect to people from all sorts of places.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story that I shared is “New World”. I’ve really poured my heart into creating the characters as real as possible.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I find my inspiration by reading published or figment writings. I read them and think to myself, “If they could do it, then I can do it.” Also my family and friends have been a huge support.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book that I read was “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child”. I’m a huge fan of Harry Potter. To any fans of Harry Potter that haven’t read it yet, you should. It was truly a beautiful book.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Read, read, read. Through reading other works you pick up how the author shapes their worlds and their characters. Also never stop writing. The only way to get better is to write – even though you may think it is horrible. Keep it up and through writing you can find your own groove.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team