Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Katana! Check out five of their stories along with their interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I really love how on Figment, you can meet and share feedback with countless other writers. You can receive and give constructive criticism and improve your writing ability, all within a friendly and supportive community.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story that I have shared on Figment so far is Hollow City. It is one of the first pieces in which I have started to explore writing beyond my comfort zone. It’s currently a work in progress, but I’m really interested in seeing how it’s going to turn out.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I find inspiration to write and keep writing from a plethora of sources. I can find ideas from feelings, pictures, songs, and from everyday life, and all of that gives me encouragement to keep writing. Also, reading the stories written by other people help me to continue writing, because I can explore different writing styles and ideas that help me to create my own pieces.
What is the last book that you read?
- The last book that I’ve read was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Any book in the Harry Potter series is the kind that you can read over and over again, yet for some reason it never gets old.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Always, always try to explore with new writing styles. If you just stick to one familiar one, you’ll improve much more slowly. Try different genres of writing, invent new stories. It’s really fun to see how far you can go and experiment.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team