Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Fluffy! Check out five of their stories along with their interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- The people, honestly after being on here for all these years I’ve grown to love the people that have came and gone through the years. Made me feel comfortable with expressing my writing, something I never did before-hand. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them, and I’ve made life-long friends. Anyone reading this, take the time to get to know a person, and don’t judge them based on their username or profile picture or even a first impression. You might learn to love their differences, I know I have.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- My favorite story of mine would have to be The New Age of Radioactive. My favorite story of another user’s would have to be Sanguine Moon by IzzyFizzy (Congrats to her for becoming an official/verified author by the way!)
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- Music is where most of my inspiration comes from. I can be listening to a song and then as if he writing gods have stroked me with the lightning of inspiration, an idea comes to mine, either be for a new chapter to a WIP novel or a simple poem.
What is the last book that you read?
- If We Survive by Andrew Klavan, a story about a boy named Will and his friends on a mission tripped whom get trapped in Central America during a Revolution. A very good read and would recommend greatly.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Never feel ashamed to ask for help. As a person that has always struggled with proper punctuation and worse usage, I’ve always went to a teacher or parent or even a friend to help me with editing my writing. Getting advice from them has always helped me as well. If you ever get writers block, listen to some music, or even watch a new tv show to gather some inspiration! It’s what has always helped me and maybe it will help you out too!
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team