Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring The Faery Tarotist! Check out five of their stories along with their interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- It is very inspiring to be witness to the endless amount of creativity and the unyielding imagination of my fellow writers. The community is always very helpful and quite encouraging to boot. For me, figment is my outlet to unleash my literary magic.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- Definitely, Forest Place: Children of the Night. Its a novel that’s near and dear to my heart as it was the very first novel I’d ever completed and writing it allowed me to tap into my inner sense of wanderlust and adventure.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- Inspiration strikes me at the most random of times, from glancing up towards the stars at night, to seeing people laughing and dancing, even just sitting home and listening to music. When an idea pops into my head, I am always at the ready with a pen and a pad.
What is the last book that you read?
- Hmm, the last book I read was the third one in a series by Laini Taylor called Dreams of Gods and Monsters. The world she creates is absolutely engaging and very charming. I couldn’t put it down.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Best advice I can give is to always stay true to yourself and your craft. It never hurts to brush up on the basics such as grammar, but ultimately, I’d say whatever ideas come to you, write them down. It doesnt matter how small that idea may be, it could be the start of something grand.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team