Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring The One And Only! Check out five of their stories along with their interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- I love that Figment is full of creative, passionate writers who care deeply about their craft and helping each other improve as a community. I have met so many amazing and talented people on this site and have received such great advice on writing and graphic design. I had always been nervous to share my writing with other people, but Figment is a great, encouraging space for all kinds of writers and artists, and it truly stands out from other writing sites. I also love getting to create covers for other writers, and Figment has always been my favorite place to do so.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- One of my personal favorites is probably my current work in progress, The Remedy, which is one of my longer works. It is quite a bit different from my other stories, as it is more realistic, but the idea behind it has stuck with me for a long time.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- I like to draw inspiration from real life experiences, both physical and emotional. I am also greatly inspired by music, as it helps me through the writing process itself. Conquering writer’s block has always been a challenge for me, but the encouragement I get from the Figment community has made it easier.
What is the last book that you read?
- I recently re-read my favorite ghost story, Light Beneath Ferns. The author, Anne Spollen, does a remarkable job at bringing elements of fantasy into that of reality. The protagonist is also one of my favorite fictitious characters, bringing a unique perspective to the genre.
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Read all kinds of writing, all different genres, from modern favorites to old classics. Exposing yourself to many kinds of writing can help you develop your own voice as a storyteller, and find new ways to create memorable experiences in your stories.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team