Each week we will be featuring one member for their outstanding contributions to the Figment community.
This week we’re featuring Emily Jones! Check out five of their stories along with their interview answers below!
What do you enjoy most about Figment and its community?
- Everyone in the community is so relaxed and easy to talk to. It’s a great place to get genuine feedback on my work while also being able to help other’s improve their own writing. The interface is really user-friendly, too, so the site itself is easy to work on.
What is your favorite story that you have shared on Figment and why?
- I’m not sure if I have a favorite since I’ve posted so many since joining, but If I had to choose I’d say Forfeit. I’ve had a lot of fun writing it, but it still has a way to go before it’s finished.
Where do you find inspiration to write and keep writing?
- Writing is something I’ve enjoyed doing for a long time, so I don’t normally have to look for motivation, and most of the time I end up with too many plots, not too few. The hard part is trying to get them all finished.
What is the last book that you read?
- The Hobbit, by J. J. R Tolkien
Do you have any advice for other Figgies looking to improve their writing?
- Just keep practicing, and don’t give up just because the first draft doesn’t go so. That’s the only way to really improve.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your talent, inspiration and advice with us! Be sure to check out some of their work below.
Let us know who you think should be our next Featured Fig!
– The Figment Team