Figment Promotion Guidelines Official Rules
No Purchase or Payment Necessary To Enter or Win. A Purchase or Payment of Any Kind Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. General. These Promotion Rules set for the terms for the promotions (the “Promotion”) being conducted on Figment.com (the “Site”). Each Promotion will have a defined entry period, prize and winner selection method. These guidelines apply and the more specific terms set forth on the Site become the binding Official Rules. To the extent there is an inconsistency between these guidelines and what is stated on the Site, what is stated on the Site is binding and otherwise supersedes that section of these Guidelines.
2. Eligibility. To enter you must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (or the District of Columbia) or Canada (excluding Quebec) and thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry. Void in Quebec and where prohibited. Figment, LLC, or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Promotion and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Figment’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. How to Enter. You must follow the instructions on the Site. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same registration or email address used at registration. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entriesby using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entriesand that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Figment is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Figment and will not be returned.
You retain all right, title, and interest in and to your Submission, including the copyright, provided, however, that by participating in the Promotion, you hereby grant Figment the non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to publish your Submission, in whole or in part, and your name, image, likeness, and biographical information for publicity, advertising, and promotional purposes, without limitation, and without consideration whether or not such Submission is selected as a winning Submission.
4. Winner Selection. At the conclusion of the time period provided Figment or an independent judging agency will select one (1) entry for each prize displayed in either: 1) a random drawing of all valid entries received; or 2) using the stated judging criteria. The entrant will be contacted using the email address provided with registration and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules.) Figment’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the terms. Winners will be notified by email a day after the selection. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
5. POTENTIAL PROMOTION WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY FIGMENT WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION.
6. General. If the winner is unwilling to accept the prize, he/she shall forfeit such prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Prize is nontransferable, and substitution is not allowed, except by Figment, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, related to a prize are the responsibility of the individual winner. Figment makes no representation about the condition or fitness of any part of the prize. Prize may not be awarded until affidavit of publicity and release forms are completed and returned. An additional statement of eligibility and execution of certain release forms may be required prior to the award of the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission of winner to use his/her name, voice and likeness/image for promotional advertising, publicity or trade purposes in any and all media worldwide in perpetuity by Figment without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Figment, which are final on all matters relating to this Promotion. Figment is not responsible for illegible, incomplete, late, lost, damaged, destroyed, incorrect, postage due, delayed or misdirected entries. Figment is not responsible for computer, telephone, cable network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions. Figment is not responsible for Internet/web site/use, net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion or unauthorized human intervention, or for any damage to user’s system occasioned by participating in the Promotion or downloading any necessary information. By participating in this Promotion and/or by accepting the prize, entrants, release and forever discharge Figment, Facebook (if applicable) and their respective parents, shareholders, partners, interest holders, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, authorized representatives, employees, advertising agencies from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from participation in this Promotion and/or acceptance or use of any prize, including, without limitation, for personal injury, damage, loss or death, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise/prize delivery. Figment is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to delivery cancellations, delays or other interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Figment reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or otherwise failing to abide by these Official Rules.
7. Governing Law. The Official Rules and your relationship with Figment shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You and Figment agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York, New York to resolve any legal matter arising from the Official Rules. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Figment shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
9. Name of the Winner. For the name of the winner to send an email to email@example.com and specify the Promotion.
10. Sponsor. Figment, at Random House Children’s Books, at 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019.