Day Five: Your Animal
Sharks are a pretty important animal for me. I love them and I fear them.(Shark Week starts July 31st by the way!) Choose an animal that you connect with and explore that metaphor. Why do you connect with that animal? Give the animal a voice in the poem. Explore the way the animal works, why is it particularly “your” animal?
How to enter:
1) Create a new book on Figment.
2) Each day, read the prompt from one of The Lemons.
3) Write a poem inspired by the prompt.
4) Add your poem as a new chapter in your book.
5) Tag your book “lemonsweek”.
Challenge yourself to do at least four prompts. At the end of the week, all books tagged “lemonsweek” containing four or more chapters will be put into a pool. The Mods will randomly select three winners, who will each receive a copy of Sharks in the Riversand Fancy Beasts, Figment totes, and stickers!
Want to see yesterday’s prompt?
1. One entry per person, please.
2. The promotion of your contest entry is not allowed on Figment. This includes self-promotion and the promotion of other users’ contest entries in the Figment forums, the comments and reviews of stories, and the Figment Facebook page. Independent promotion on sites unrelated to Figment, like personal Facebook or Twitter accounts, is fine.
3. Works must be submitted according to the instructions above between the announcement of the contest and the closure of the contest. This means a new piece must be created for the contest; adapting an old Figment piece published before the start of the contest will make the entry ineligible to win.
4. The rules of the contest are both strict and open to interpretation by a moderator.
5. The creation of multiple accounts to heart or otherwise vote for your contest entry on Figment is prohibited, and may result in the disqualification of that entry, the deletion of your Figment account, and/or the blocking of your IP address permanently from the site, at the moderator’s discretion.