Bob pouts. He sleeps in. He gets into petty tiffs with his personal-assistant-slash-helicopter-parent, Mr. B, over all the havoc Bob causes through lazy negligence. And he’s in love with a human named Lucy, who has, coincidentally, asked God to make her fall in love. Bob decides he’s the perfect guy to help her–although his motives may be less than . . . heavenly?
Your challenge: in no more than 2,000 words, write a story in which the line between love and lust is blurred.
How to Enter:
1. Read the full rules here.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of no more than 2,000 words.
4. Tag your writing with NoDogContest on the Details tab.
5. Press “Publish Now.”
6. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
You have until February 23, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST to post and tag your story. Voting will run until March 1, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST, at which point the 10 most-hearted entries will be sent to Meg Rosoff herself for judging. The top three entries will receive copies of There Is No Dog. Second place will also receive a Figment tote, and first place will also receive a $25 Amazon gift card.