In The Goddess Test, the first book in Aimée Carter’s Goddess series, Kate survived a brutal test and won both immortality and the hand of Henry, god of the Underworld. She succeeded where other girls failed—girls who paid with their lives. You’d think Kate would be prepared for anything, right?
What about meeting her sister for the first time?
What about meeting Henry’s ex-wife?
What about meeting the only woman who can help her save the Underworld?
How about meeting the one woman who is all three of those things?
That’s what happens to Kate in Carter’s latest book, Goddess Interrupted. In honor of the novel, we have an ex-tastic writing contest for you!
Your challenge, in 1,200 words or fewer, is to use one of the following three prompts to craft a story:
- A character meets his or her partner’s ex.
- A character has to work together with his or her partner’s ex.
- A character has to work with his or her ex, and isn’t quite sure they shouldn’t get back together.
How to Enter:
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 1,200 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing with goddessinterrupted on the Details tab.
5. Press “Publish Now.”
6. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Be creative, be emotional, be humorous, be real, be dramatic. Make us feel the scene! You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on April 10 to enter your piece. Voting will run until 6:00 p.m. ET on April 17, at which point the 10 most-hearted entries will be sent to Aimée Carter and her editors at Harlequin Teen, who will choose the winners.
The grand-prize winner will receive copies of Aimée Carter’s Goddess Interrupted and The Goddess Test . . . PLUS Julie Kagawa’s entire Iron Fey series—including a signed copy of The Iron Knight!—and Julie’s notevenoutyet Immortal Rules.