When Kate and Ava first met, Kate was the new girl at school and Ava (a.k.a. Aphrodite) was the queen bee. Then, Kate saves Ava’s life, and they are inextricably linked. Sometimes friends and sometimes rivals, Kate must now trust Ava with the care of her newborn son, Milo, while he is trapped with the revenge-bent Cronus. Will Ava prove to be a loving caretaker for Milo, or will her resentment toward the other gods prevent her from giving Kate’s baby what he needs?
Friday’s Prompt (3/8): In 150 words or fewer, write a scene in which you set the Goddess of Love in modern times. Tag your story GoddessFlashWeek and GoddessFlash5. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 9 to enter your story.
Between now and midnight on Saturday, March 9, keep checking the main challenge page for more prompts!
How to Enter
1. Read the full rules.
2. Create an account on Figment.com.
3. Start a new writing of 150 words or fewer.
4. Tag your writing both GoddessFlashWeek and GoddessFlash5 in the Details tab.
5. Enter your response by the deadline listed in the prompt.
6. Press “Publish Now.”
7. You should receive a pop-up confirmation of your entry, and in about two hours or so, your piece should appear among the submissions.
Figment editors will be reading all the entries. We’ll send our 15 favorites to Aimée Carter and she will choose five daily winners. The daily winners will each receive copies of the entire Goddess Test series (The Goddess Test, Goddess Interrupted, and The Goddess Inheritance) in a beach bag tote with suntan lotion and a beach ball.